26 February 2009

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 3:37PM
Angel Wings Chapter 38 Talks & Driver







Here's the mystery pix of the post. Recognize this grinning Zombie freak? Sorta looks like Heath Ledger's Joker from 'Dark Knight'. Hint- He has no qualms about taking human life whatsoever! Good luck.

ANGEL WINGS


DISCLAIMER: OK Xavier, it's all yours. First I wanna thank Mr T for the use of his Angels and stuff. Then I wanna thank everyone else who has been allowing us to use their creations here like Thom Beers for the use of his ice road truckers Hugh, Drew, Rick, Eric, Alex and Bear. I took the liberty of naming the 3WA academy in Furool City on Shimougou after Mr Haruka Takachiho in honour of his creations- the Angels. How was that, Yuri? Great, kiddo. Oh hai it sure was, Kei! Now since we left ya up in the air last time let's get to Ch 38 without any further meandering, shall we? Why is Zack Zero back and oro does he want with Suba Marina Oki? Can Mandy keep her big mouth shut? A hint re the titles- Yuri has nothing to do with the 'Secret Talks' and 'Designated Driver' has nothing to do with alcohol usage! Oro does this all mean? We'll find out momentarily gang. Here 'tis:-


CHAPTER 38

'Secret Talks' or 'Designated Driver'


"Hey Jerry! Ya sure you can make loudmouth Mandy forget who we are and everything else later? (Jerry Lewis nodded sagely) Yo! Shut the Hell up and listen to me, Motormouth! Alex, Clover an I are really spies for 'Woohp' the World Organization of Human Protection and--" said Sammy and she proceeded to tell Mandy the whole truth, the entire totally true story from their beginnings as teenaged high school Valley girls' spies right up to the present.


When Sam finally finished Mandy stared at her for a full minute before she started laughing her head off. "Man, are you flaky or what, Honey? You gotta be on a rocket to oblivion, dipstick! What a crock of crapola, man! You don't 'seriously' expect me to believe you, do you?" giggled Mandy and Sammy shrugged off her kimono.


"Up to you, girl. Believe what ya want but what I told you is all totally true. I'm going for a dip. You coming?" said Sammy.


"Well I tried, guys." said Sammy and Jerry smiled.


"I told you she wouldn't believe you." whispered Jerry. Clover had stretched out on the sandy beach next to Faye Valentine and tomboy Ed whom Faye had on a leash.


"Is that really necessary, Miss Valentine?" asked Clover.


"Yeah, unless you want to run around after her it is." replied Faye.


Mandy and Alex dove into the pool and splashed Jerry and Sammy. Jerry tried to apologize for the 'spy' slip but all they did was splash him harder.


Revy Roberts and Neko Olson were arguing over their fave topic- weapons.


Yuri was just glad they were on their way home at long last unless that scatterbrained nincompoop redhead decided to take them on yet another 'quickie' side trip again! She debated trilling the Boss to make sure they really and truly were going back home this time but she decided against it. Best let sleeping dogs lie like Chief (Ella) Hathaway had once advised her. In O'Halloran's case that 'sleeping dog' could easily turn into a full blown Irish wolfhound!

However, as Yuri returned to her latest fashion holovidmag catalogue five decks down the 'Irish wolfhound' was pacing the floor.

"Where the Hell was the Doctor all this time? Surely 'Gallifrey' wasn't all that damned far away for a time and space travelling time lord in a police box thingamajig whatchamacallit- a TARDIS, wasn't it? All he had to was drop off one prisoner- John Berringer. Warp and Slade Wilson were both destined for Terran judgment and were now Terra bound via 'Galactic Command' transport. The rest of the brood had gone to either 'Seto Kaiba' or 'Hecuo Mundo', the nickname for the most infamous penal colony asteroid in the galaxy- 'Kariyastan' where conditions were the worst imaginable so the place was used only when absolutely necessary. It was slated to be closed down and never used again in just two more years- AD 2253. Ah well, these time jockeys set their own hours it seemed. The Doctor would be back when he got back and that was that. I will hate to lose Peri Brown though. She's the best yeoman I've had since Conan Edogawa's sister during our first time rift missions. Hopefully this 'time sight' crap of Sally and the kid's would work. Then me and the gang can finally relax and get back to normal stuff. First damned thing I'm gonna do is get me a transfer back to Unit 9. I've had enough of running a Fxxxing Academy! I want action! Maybe they'll promote the vacuumhead and make her the new big mahoff. Hell, who am I kiddin'? The airhead's just as fed up with his Academy shit as I am! She'll probably transfer back to Unit 237. A shame that although we'll still be neighbors we ain't gonna be partners no more. Mar and Kome are gettin' the 'Angel 3' as captain and exec so who's gonna be our new partners? Probably that Rio Delcroix for the dipstick moron and Tomah's sister Edna Jordan for me. Shit! Breakin' in new trainees! Oh well at least we'll get a better deal than poor Ella Hathaway got- Lily Langtry! I really pity anyone who gets stuck with that baka dipstick! Whoever the Hell coined the 'dumb blonde' phrase must have had Lily in mind when they thought of it! Then again- if anyone can whip Lily into a top notch tro-con it's Ella. Just think. In another decade and a half I'll be Ella's daughter Annie's boss and my own dear 'KR' (Keitarou Riff) will be her partner in the 'Avenging Angels' team. Dammit, that does have a nice ring to it, that it does. Aw, the oni (devil) with it! We're goin' home at last!" mused Kei and she threw her unifom blazer at the sofa (it hit the floor like everything usually did. Did I mention that Kei was a slob?), kicked off her sneakers and crashed onto her bunk.

She slept like the 'roshii' (dead) until 1700 (5 PM) when Mugghi trilled the redhead for dinner.

"I'm awake, Furball. Have 'em send up a platter of the usual. And a fifth of 'Dew' too. Tell the airhead to advise Central we're comin' home. (Kei thought a moment) Mugghi, put through a top priority ultrasensitive relay to 'God almighty' for me. Don't tell anyone else and route it to my quarters down here. Huh? Yeah. 'Uncle Vito' (Galadriel) himself. I'm gonna find out oro the Fxxx's goin' on around here. The Doctor's late, Zero is 'conveniently' available, 'Ghostie' retires and becomes a 'GPI', no less than four high ranking chiefs show up to pick me up, the 'Draconians' just signed a peace treaty with Duke Atraides on 'Dune', we just sent a hundred first year cadets for 'advanced' training and some of 'em only got three weeks of 'basic' training under their belts. It just don't add up, tomo, nai (no), that it does not! And yet we get to go home. Something smells very rotten in 'Kalustor' and I wanna know oro (what) the Fxxx it is, Furball. Trill me when ya get 'Uncle Vito'. I wanna talk to 'God almighty', not one of his damned 'cherubs', you got that, Mugghi? OK. Kei out." she trilled and then she pulled on fresh sweats and sneakers.
A trilling alerted the Boss that her relay was through and she powered on Vidscreen Three. The familiar image of the grandfatherly 'Uncle Vito' Galadriel was comforting to the young redhead but tonight the old guy looked more troubled than jovial. He waved a hand for silence.


"How did you know, Katherine? I only just now heard about it myself?" asked Galadriel.


"How did I know oro (what), sir?" countered a puzzled Kei. He sighed.


"That war is imminent betwixt the 'New Republic' and 'Rygiel 9' of course. No matter. I gave up trying to figure you out when you turned fifteen. The only chance we have of preventing war is a peace treaty betwixt the two worlds. To that end we have clandestinely arranged a top secret meeting between President Elect Leia Solo of the 'New Republic' and King Galdonicus Alorien, High King of 'Orlean' and the new leader of the 'Rygielian Empire' on neutral territory. explained Vito. Kei blew a smoke ring and shrugged.


"So? Where's this meetin' gonna be held, Uncle Vito? Oro (What) Kami (God) forsaken moon are ya sendin' us to this time, sir?" asked the redhead resignedly and she lit up another cheroot.


"We are not (ahem) sendin' you folks anywhere. However, you are coming home, my dear Katherine. (Kei looked at him suspiciously) The meeting is being held on 'Shimougou' at your place. Takachiho Academy is the 'neutral territory' agreed upon. It will be held (ahem) ashita no yobi, my dear child." he replied.


"Oro (What) the Fxxx! The frigging day after tomorrow? (Vito nodded) The 'Angels 1 and 3' will be there by then so use 'em for security. I'll get us there just as soon as I can, sir." said the Boss.


'Uncle Vito' shook his leonine head. You must be there by then or it's a no go. Neither Solo nor Alorien will agree to anything unless you are there, O'Halloran. They wanted Donovan too but I told them I can spare only one of you and they emphatically decided on you. They don't trust anyone else in the 3WA or the 'UG' besides me and I must remain completely neutral in the matter you understand. (Kei nodded dejectedly) So that's about the size of it, Angel. Don't spare the hyperdrives in getting here. You and Zero get your asses here stat and that's a direct order, Marshall." ordered Vito.


Kei looked flashing daggers at him, her emerald aizu (eyes) aflame. "You sent Zach Zero to fetch me, didn't you, Vito?" she demeanded and he nodded again.


"Yes I did. Time is of the essence here and with secrecy a must I called in a favour from the 'UEF' leader and asked him to loan me Zack Zero to get you back here as quickly as possible. Although you knew each other he had never really tangled with the 'Demon of Dublin' before and--" stammered Vito.


"He didn't know oro (what) the Fxxx he was getting his ass into, sir?" chuckled Kei.


"Something like that, Boss. Now you get Zero and yourself back home tout sweet. Tell 'em all that you can't wait to get back home to 'Little Kakashi' or something but get your asses back here in two days and don't you dare tell anyone the real reason. (Kei looked a question) I know what you're going to ask and the answer is no. Zach Zero does not know why we want you back here. All he does know is that it is vitally urgent that we see you without further delay, my child. Now I really must dash. Have a kawaii yobi (lovely day) and hooble-toodle-doo. Kami (God) out." he said and blanked his vidscreen.


"Yeah. Arigatou, sir. O'Halloran out." she replied to an empty vidscreen.


"Now I gotta go make some excuse for wantin' to get home early." she thought. Kei debated going down to address her troops in uniform and decided against that plan. After all she was forbidden to tell 'em the truth anyway and the uniform is almost always a dead giveaway. Instead she shoved a Mark XIII into her sweatpants' waistband and took the gantryway stairs down to the rec room/dining hall one flight below her. She picked up a PA mike from the wall of the dining hall and keyed it.


"Your attention onegai (please) folks! Who wants to stay on this bloody damned ship for another whole Fxxxing week? (Amurmur of disapproval went around the huge room like an ancient Terran football cheering wave) Me neither! Ya know I just realized that I forgot to feed poor 'Little Kashi' (Kei's fifteen meter long pet python snake) before we left the Academy! Since we cannot use 'hyperspace' on account of we're too close to our destination I'm gonna boost our Warp speed to 30 and get us home in two days instead of seven, OK? (A deafening roar of applause and cheering as well as a rousing round of 'For she's a jolly good fellow' (Nobody dared to call Kei a Lady!) and like sentiments greeted Kei's suggestion) Then let's have us a toast! (They did. After all booze was free on the 'Angels') OK. If you'll excuse me I'll go tell our bridge crew to put the pedal to the metal and not to spare the hyperdrives! See ya later, gang." said the redhead and she entered the lift.


Lt Sandra 'Tigress' Sandoval was manning the comm when Kei got to her bridge. "Hiya Boss. How's tricks?" greeted 'Tigress' and Kei frowned.


"Lemme see. You're fourth in command, ain't ya? (The svelte 'Starfleet' navvie nodded) Then where's Kiva (Nerese), Reg (Barkley or Barclay) and 'Kitty' (Torres)?" demanded Kei who was clearly pissed off that a K-Class 3WA patrol starship was under the command of a novice navvie.


'Tigress' was a novice owing to having only three years' starship experience. Of course Nami Richards was a real novice navvie having less than a week's starship experience under her belt!


'Tigress' ticked off items on her fingers. "Let's see now, ma'am. Captain Nerese is in your 'office' (the ready room), Lt Commander Barkley (Barclay) and our comm officer Lt Torres are down training on your holodecks so I'm (ahem) in charge, mum. Anything I can do for ya?" asked 'Tigress' who'd been playing video games.


"That depends. Can you fly this thing?" asked Kei gruffly and the navvie shook her head.


"Nope. I can get it there and back again but I sure as Hell dunno how to drive 'em, mum. Sorry." replied the saucy brunette.


"Where's the rest of my damned bridge crew?" the redhead wanted to know.


"Wherever they wanna be I guess. The Captain gave 'em the night off, mum. We're flying on 'George' so I volunteered to man the helm. I'm not much of a socializer, Marshall." said 'Tigress'.


Kei's scowl softened a bit. "You and me both, kiddo. I'd better check with the Captain. Ja ne (see ya later), 'Tigress'. If any of my pilots happen to wander by hogtie one of 'em for me." said Kei.


"Enter. It's open dammit." replied Kiva Nerese when Kei sounded her ready room's door klaxon.


"Hullo Reds. I didn't expect to see you for a couple of more days. Oro's (What's) up?" yawned a tired Kiva who hadn't slept in 42 hours.


"I just decided to get us home five days sooner than everyone expected. Ya got anyone along with ya that can pilot this baby of mine?" asked Kei lighting up a cheroot.
Kiva fired up her cigarillo and smiled. "Sure I do. Bishop's a fully qualified C-Class starship pilot." replied Kiva.


"Your helmsman? Where is he?" asked Kei eagerly.


"I dunno, Boss. Look, can't we do this ashita (tomorrow)? I'm bushed. I ain't slept in almost two days, man." complained the 'Bjorn' 'Starfleet' captain.


"Tough! It's been more than four days since I last visited Dreamland, kid. C'mon now, Kiva. Where's Mr Bishop?" coaxed Kei.


"Where the Fxxx are YOUR shimatta (damned) pilots? Use one of them, dammit!" grumbled Kiva.


"I can't. They're on the other 'Angel' vessels and the 'Liberator', Zero's ship. Gene and Han are asleep because they've been awake a Helluva lot longer than even I have! Jon (Harlock) can't handle this monster and Blue's (Legato Bluesummers) engaged elsewhere." explained the redhead patiently- well just barely.


"How's about Mar? She practically runs this whole damned ship for ya single-handedly, don't she?" yawned Kiva.


"She is commanding the 'Angel 3' so where in the Sam Hell is Bishop, dammit?" shouted an exasperated Kei O'Halloran.


"Are you two ladies looking for me? I'm afraid I've been star gazing down in the 'star room' for the past two hours." said a short diminutive Terran guy with jet black hair and matching mutton chop whiskers. He had just entered through the ready room's opened portal.


"Thank Christ! Now maybe I can get some bloody sleep! That's Mr Bishop, Boss. Take him and go away!" cried an annoyed captain.


Kei spun to face the newcomer. "Can you pilot my ship? (He nodded.) A K-Class starship? You're only licensed for C-Class, ain't ya? That's oro (what) Kiva told me." demanded the now impatient redhead.


"I'm due to be tested for K-Class next week but I assure you, Madam, that flying this puppy's a piece of cake, ma'am." replied Bishop.


"Then take the comm and get us back to 'Furool (Foo-Lon) City' just as quickly as ya can. Ya can't use 'hyperthrust' because we ain't really 'offworld' but still- don't spare the hyperdrives. This 'puppy' can handle 50 Warp with ease (Bishop's aizu (eyes) popped) but I only need to be back home by ashita no yobi er the day after tomorrow so 30 should be an ample speed. Can ya manage that, Mr Bishop?" asked the Boss hesitantly.


"Sure Reds. No problemo as Mikey says. Twenty-five warp should get us home by then. Can I have 'Tigress' for my navvie?" asked Bishop.


"Sure but I can't give ya a co-pilot 'cause I ain't got none left aboard except Solo and Starwind and they're whacked out so I can't use 'em for a few more days. Who's your comm officer? 'Kitty'?" asked Kei.


"Nope. She's asleep in one of your back bedrooms so I'll use Treanna Knox. Ya remember her, Boss?" asked Bishop.


"Sure do. Well, there's the bridge and the comm's all yours, Acting Commander. Donnatella's our Engineer tonight. Have fun and remember- we're all counting on you, tomo (friend) mine." said the Hellcat firebrand Amazon. She took the lift back down to her quarters- and her bunk. She felt the brief power surge as Bishop increased Warp speed and then she assumed he'd put the ship back on 'George' and settled in for the night. Kei was asleep the second her head hit the pillow.


Several hours later and five decks up Yuri awakened on the sandy beach and yawned. She stretched and sat up in her chaise lounge. She squinted against the faux (false or fake. In this case 'simulated' by the holodeck like everything else there) sun to see her wrist chromo which read 2330 hours or 11:30 PM!


"Christ! Hey gang! It's like almost midnight so I think we'd better call it a night. Some of us have early shifts tomorrow." announced the exec officer.


While they were all grumbling, especially Faye, Kagome and Rukia who had drawn babysitting detail for the morrow, Yuri trilled the holodeck's 'archway comm system' and relayed the word to the other holodecks to call it a night, pack up and get off to beddie bye.


The entire vessel had settled down and was as still as the grave at 0330 (3:30 AM) when the Doctor's TARDIS finally touched down beside the rec room's bar. Peri was dozing at the bar over a half finished milkshake but looked up sleepily when he heard the familiar pulsating sounds of the Doctor's pylon drive system.


"Perpigillian Winkle Brown! Do you know what time it is, young lady? Does anyone know that you are down here, girl (Peri shook her head) No? Well it is either very late or it is very early depending on how one looks at things, however, that is neither here nor there. It is well and truly past your bedtime so off you go, my dear Peri. My God!! It feels like we are travelling at twenty times the velocity of light!" cried Doctor Six.


"Actually twenty-five times lightspeed, Doc. Suddenly the Boss Lady wants to get us home by the day after tomorrow for some ungodly reason. She got that nice Mr Bishop- his whiskers are so cool, man! Anyway she got Mr Bishop from 'Starfleet' to fill in for our pilots. How was your trip, Doc?" yawned Peri.


"As well as could be expected, my dear but I am not permitted to tell you anything about it, love so please do not ask. How is it that you know all about Mr Bishop and our speed and everything?" demanded the suddenly suspicious time lord.


Peri pressed her toe into the carpet and looked at her feet. "I er sorta listened in on Miss O'Halloran's conversation. I was er taking a walk through the service gantryways that access the bridge." explained a sheepish Peri.


"Eavesdropping!! That was a most unladylike and a very naughty thing to do! So er did you er hear anything else of any importance, my dear?" asked the Doctor.


"Plenty. But nothing that made any sense at all. Some drivel about 'Ghostie' becoming a 'GPI' and some crap about Mr Solo's wife and some old dude named Gallo Oreo from New Orleans on a dune and--" yawned Peri and suddenly Doctor Six shook her by the shoulders- vigorously.


"Galdonicus Alorien the King of 'Orleans' from 'Dune' in the 'Rygielian Empire'? Leia Organa Skywalker Solo is Han's wife but she is also the President of the 'New Republic' at 'Coruscant', my dear girl. They will talk only on neutral territory and if they cannot reach an agreement on something very soon war will break out betwixt them so 'Shimougou' must be the site of the meeting and the 'neutral ground' must be 'Takachiho Academy' which Reds runs. That's it! That must be it! King Galdonicus and President Solo do not trust anyone in the 'UG' or the 3WA except for Mr Galadriel who must remain neutral for obvious reasons. Reds and (He snapped his fingers and Peri supplied "Fruity Screw Loose Donovan?") yes, Miss Donovan and really Peri you must watch what you call your superiors! If Reds and Yuri or at least one of them is not there then there will be no discussions and no chance of avoiding war! That would explain the Boss's tremendous rush to get home as well. Well, off you go, Peri. Nighty-night. Sleep tight and don't let the bed--" chortled the Doctor.


"Don't say it, Doc! I'm going. G'Night Doc." said his pretty Terran companion and she headed for the liftbanks. The Doctor sighed and headed for the gantryway stairs. He was billetted only on level up. Peri's rooms were on Level Seven hence her use of the lift.


"How will she take it?" thought the 'Gallifreyan' to himself. The High Council had decided on leniency for John Berringer and were merely banishing him from the major quadrants for a solitary solar year. That is unless Reds herself were to testify before the Acting Lord President Barusa of the Timelords and their High Council. Then they might permit him to be tried before the 'Galactic Command' courts. In that case it could mean a very lengthy prison term or indeed perhaps he would be judged to merit the ultimate punishment of 'Le Morte'- Death. And guess who gets to tell the Hellcat the good news? Right. Yours truly- the Doctor himself. Well he'd tell her all that ashita (tomorrow). Right now he needed his bunk and a glass of warm milk.


Peri yawned again and decided that her reports could wait until tomorrow. The warm 'Yargoth' tea (imported from the moon of 'Yargoth' in the 'Epsilon' quadrant) felt very relaxing and Peri had soon fallen fast asleep on her sofa.

Marina Oki covered her with an Afghan when she made her midnight (OK 0400 or 4AM anyway) snack run and went back to her bunk.


While the 'Angel 2' cruised along at Warp 25 an 'ISSP' (Inter Solar Systems Police) patrol speeder was 'clocking' the 'cloaked' ship.


"Holy shit! Will ya look at that, Genna! A 'cloaked' vessel in a 'no cloaking zone' sector and he's doing close to 28 Warp in a 5 Warp zone! Hit those klaxons, Patroller Peterson! Pull his ass over!" ordered Sergeant Algonquin Lumpass of the 'ISSP' (He had transferred over from Roy Mustang's 'FC' KP Patrol Police force) and Patroller Third Class Genna Peterson (This was Genna's very first 'gig' on a real patrol!) hit the klaxons and flashing lights. She picked up the PA system's mike and shouted into it.


"Attention! Attention cloaked vessel! This is the 'ISSP', Bravo Sector Patrol! Halt your vessel and prepare to be boarded! Please respond to my hail, sir! Halt in the name of the 'ISSP'!" shouted the novice 'Patty' through the speeder's PA systems. Meanwhile--


"Oro (What) the Fxxxing Hell is all that bloody racket?" complained Joey Bishop and 'Tigress' checked the relay readouts.


"Christ Almighty, Joey! It's the 'ISSP' and they want us to stop so they can come aboard, man! Ya better do it, Joey!" warned 'Tigress' so Acting Commander Joey Bishop called down to Engineering to cut their Warp thrust speed down to SubWarp orbital speed. Then he sent 'Tigress' down to open the airlocks for them.


"Shit! Don't those bozos know who the Hell we are? We're pals of Rafe Donnelly's and Johnny Raven's for Kami's sake!" grumbled Joey.


"Roger that, 'ISSP'. Acting Commander Joseph Bishop of the 3WA. 'LA2' pulling over as ordered. Airlock open so come aboard. Over." relayed Joey.


"Thank you for your cooperation, sir. We are coming aboard. 'Issp" Patroller Peterson out." relayed Genna.


"Why is the 'LA2' so damned familiar to me, Genna? I just know I've heard of it before." wondered Lumpass.


"Dunno, Sarge. All Mr Bishop said was that it was a 3WA patrol starship but this isn't part of their patrol area, is it, sir?" asked Genna.


"No, it most certainly is not, my dear! Still- I wish I could remember-- (By this time they had landed their speeder in the docking bays on Sub Level One and a pert brunette in a 'Stafleet' uniform was advancing on them) Oh hullo there, ma'am. (Algonquin flashed his shield and Genna showed hers) Sergeant Lumpass 'ISSP'. Take me to your pilot, please. This is Patroller Peterson, ma'am." said the 'ISSP' cop.


"Of course. Follow me, Sergeant, Patroller. Didn't you guys know we were 3WA?" demanded an annoyed 'Tigress' while she escorted them to the lift and up to the bridge.


"Joey, this is Sergeant Lumpass and Patroller Peterson of the 'ISSP', sir. Commander Bishop, 3WA, sir, ma'am." growled 'Tigress' and she sat down on the console.


"Here's my vidlicense and my ship's vidreg docs, Sergeant. (Lumpass passed the vidholos to Genna who inserted them into her analyzer and nodded) Everything should be in order, Sarge. We are on a rather urgent mission, sir. I guess I sorta exceeded the Warp limit a bit and I must have forgotten to 'decloak' as well." chortled Joey.


"If you're 3WA personnel how come you're both in 'Starfleet' uniforms?" demanded Genna fingering her sidearm.


Sergeant Algonquin Lumpass glanced casually at the name of the 'Angel 2's registered commander and first officer and stiffened. He grabbed the vid docs and licenses out of Genna's hands and shoved them back into Joey Bishop's hands.


"OK, sir. Just watch the 'cloaking' in the 'no cloaking zones' sectors and keep your Warps down from now on, sir. That is (He lowered his voice to a whisper) after you get to 'Shimougou', Mr Bishop. (He resumed his gruffer tone) I hope we don't have any more problems with you, sir. Goodbye. Come along, Genna." he said and he hustled his confused partner into the lift.


"My navvie will see you to the airlock. Goodbye and thanks. Have a pleasant patrol, Sarge." said Bishop.


"But Sarge! They are not 3WA! They're 'Starf-" spluttered Genna Peterson.


"Shut up you little fool! I've tangled with both the Commander and exec of the 'Lovely Angel 2' before, Genna! Believe you me, it's not something I want to go through again any time soon! I'll give ya the details when we're back in our speeder." whispered Algonquin.


When 'Tigress' had sealed the airlock behind them Sergeant Lumpass explained that a couple of years back when he was still part of the 'KP Patrol' police force in 'Furool (Foo-Lon) City' he had had the misfortune of pulling over two of the 3WA's 'Lovely Angels' and he had gotten his ass chewed out royally for it by Chief Roy Mustang himself! Genna giggled.


"I heard about that when I was training in Rafe Donnelly's division on Mars. So it was you that busted the 'Dirty Pair', Sarge?" asked his kawaii (lovely) compadre.


"I did not 'bust' O'Halloran and Donovan! I almost busted them. That ship we just left is their starship so I was not about to ask to be chewed out by Rafe Donnelly and Johnny Raven, Patroller! The 3WA have 'carte blanche' authority to deputize whoever they need or want to help them out and of course they control 'Starfleet Command' as well. (He glanced at his wristchromo) Almost 0500 (5 AM), love and we're off duty in an hour so let's grab some chow and then swing out to 'Kalufrax' before we head back to 'Moravian City' (Mars) eh?" suggested Lumpass and Genna nodded.


"Whatever ya say, Sarge. You're the Boss. Let's go. By the way- how'd ya know that ship was even there if the vessel was under 'cloak', sir?" she replied and her boss chuckled.


"By the dilythium trail of course. Bishop must have 'forgotten' to use countermeasures to camoflauge it, love." he explained.


"How's about a pizza or some cheesesteaks, Sarge? I know a great place we can go." said Peterson.


"How's about both? You got yourself a deal, girl. Which way?" he asked and Genna pointed towards the 'Burma Shave' style holovid signs which were advertising the 'Moon Over Mayhem' tavern and night club on 'BattleMoon #6' which Lumpass zeroed in on at a leisurely pace.


END of Ch 38. Ch 39 'Tapping A Supernova' or 'Ariadne's Thread' soon. Getting interesting eh? Wonder how our heroine's gonna get outta this one? Read on and r/r/s away as always. Have a wunnerful day and sfn/sys/jm/Kami bless you all for your interest and assistance. Hooble-toodle-doo! Toodles tomos watashi-K&K


I dickered over this chapter's titles. Let me know if I got 'em right eh?


PS- I really do appreciate all your loyalty and support over the years my tomos watashi all! And you can take that to the bank folks!-K&K


SFN/SYS/JM/KBYA/KYSOTI/TTFN/Toodles-K&K


Here's another pix for ya. Meet the 'LA2's own Creature from the Black Lagoon- Suba Revy Roberts! She is at the Academy as an instructor in weapons and fighting. She made two mistakes (so far!)- she tried to outshoot and then outdrink LA Boss Kei O'Halloran! of course she failed miserably at both! See ya around the anime webs!




No comments:

Post a Comment